Two years into a five-year, $64 million contract, Adrian Beltre has produced a .262 average, 44 home runs, and 176 RBIs. However, after the All Star break in 2006, Beltre slugged .552 with a whopping 18 home runs. Does this strong second half bode well for a turn-around in 2007, or will Mariners fans have to deal with 'A-Drain' once again? This blog intends to follow the 2007 season for Adrian Beltre, and the Seattle Mariners, and promises to hold no punches.



Frustration Boils Over


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



When Raul Ibanez got tossed out of the game in the first inning, my initial thought was "Yeah, you go Raul, give em' a piece of your mind." After all, it was a horrible call for strike three on a ball way down, and I figured that if Raul got thrown out for arguing a call that was obviously wrong, it would fire up the team and lead to an emotional victory.

As soon as I had the time to reflect on the situation, I began to wonder if maybe the strikeout wasn't Rauls fault anyhow. I mean, he did foul off some other decent pitches that he should have smacked for basehits. Sure, that's the way the cookie crumbles when things are going the way they are. But it poses the question all the same, was it the umps fault for calling a bad strike? Or Rauls fault for working himself into that situation?

Anyhow, the team was fired up. For all of three innings anyway. Until Gil Meche decided to let the Texas Rangers play long ball. Something they're well capable of, especially in "The Ballpark"

I didn't catch most of this game as I working, and it was competing with game 4 of the Suns/Mavericks (it's sad enough that my favorite sports franchise can't keep my interest away from two basketball teams I could care less about). But I'm sure I caught enough of it. i saw the bottom of the third, when the Rangers scored all six of their runs, via the long ball. Minutes before the inning started, a patron said to me "I don't trust a three run lead against these bats." I simply replied, "of course not"

I also saw Adreinne ground into a double play with the bases loaded and one down, his second at bat (after scorching a meaningless single his first at bat, he finished 1-4, raising his average ONE point to .222. He did score a run and draw a walk, but also stranded three runners.

I don't know how much longer I can do this

links to this post

1 Responses to “Frustration Boils Over”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Can you guess the pitcher?

    Pitcher A: 17 IP, 13 hits, 3 runs (all earned), 0 walks, 6 strike-outs, 1.59 ERA
    Pitcher B: 14.2 IP, 9 hits, 5 runs (all earned), 3 walks, 17 strike-outs, 3.07 ERA

    Pitcher A is Joel Pineiro, the two starts that garnerd him AL Player of the Week the first week of June. Pitcher B is Gil Meche in his two starts before facing theRangers on Tuesday.

    Considering that Joel has reverted to his rightful form of a lousy, marginable major league hurler, should it be an surprise of Meche's implosion on the mound in the third inning Tuesday night?

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 

Links to this post:

<\$BlogItemBacklinkCreate\$>


Crew

  • true_slicky
  • yo adrian
  • Bricktroof
  • Previous posts

    Archives

    Seattle Mariners Weblogs

    Other Mariners Sites

    Baseball Links

    Other Cool Links to Check Out: